1. Fill the Listing form at www.cid-portal.org/directory
2. Send your professional profile (resume, curriculum vitae, bio) describing your studies and activities.
3. Once your profile is approved, send membership fee.
4. You receive a parchment certificate stating that you are a Member of the CID. You will also receive CID badges, presents and a variety of printed matter.
As a Member of the CID you will enjoy a number of privileges, described below.
You will find full information at: www.cid-portal.org
or by letter to: International Dance Council CID
UNESCO, 1 rue Miollis, FR-75732 Paris 15, France
Contents of package sent upon receipt of membership fee:
- Formal letter confirming annual membership, signed by the CID President
- Parchment for framing on the wall
- Receipt of payment
- Member's badge, to wear at all times.
- Stickers, for school entrance and for car windshield
- Posters of CID congresses, for wall decoration
- Various presents, usually a book, a DVD, printed matter etc.
Kindly confirm your permanent postal address - the envelope will be sent there
Individuals: 55 euros (80 US dollars)
Institutions (organizations, companies, schools, ensembles, festivals, magazines, competitions, associations, federations, suppliers etc.): 110 euros (160 US dollars)
Associate members: 250 euros (375 US dollars)
Students under 30 years old: 30 euros (45 US dollars)
Congress registration: 65 euros (100 US dollars)
Make cheque payable to CID and send to:
International Dance Council CID Conseil International de la Danse
UNESCO, 1 rue Miollis, FR-75732 Paris 15, France
or bank transfer to:
International Dance Council - CID
Banque Société Générale
UNESCO, 7 place de Fontenoy, FR-75352 Paris 7, France
IBAN FR76 3000 3033 0100 0372 7033-329
How to send CID membership fee
a) Send a cheque in euros (55 € for individuals plus 110 € for organizations)
b) Send a cheque in US dollars ($ 80 for individuals plus $ 160 for organizations).
d) Western Union (ask before sending)
e) Bank transfer (add 7 euros for bank charges)
f) Send cash in a registered letter or by courier
Send full information allowing to identify your payment
We reply immediately upon receipt.
For faster processing send cheque to:
International Dance Council CID President’s Office
Dora Stratou Dance Theater, Scholiou 8, Plaka, GR-10558 Athens, Greece
Tel. +30 210 324 4395; fax +30 210 324 6921
and bank transfer to:
International Dance Council CID
EFG EUROBANK ERGASIAS 248
Adrianou 140, GR-10558 Athens, Plaka, Greece
SWIFT CODE: ERBKGRAA
IBAN: GR57 0260 2480 0001 5010 0019 435
Always include details so that we can identify your payment.
Types of CID membership
1. Individual Member
Individual membership is for physical persons, that is individuals.
An individual person can become CID Member in two ways:
a) After nomination by a CID Member; in this case there is no evaluation of his/her profile (curriculum vitae).
b) Without nomination, after evaluation of his/her profile (curriculum vitae).
2. Institutional Member
Institutional membership is for juridical entities, that is schools, companies, amateur groups, federations, associations, foundations, business enterprises etc.
An institution can become an Institutional Member of CID when its chief executive officer (president, artistic director, owner) and/or other leading persons of the institution (teachers of a school, choreographers of a company, associates, members of the board of a federation etc.) have joined CID as individual members.
Institutional membership does not imply that other members of the institution become CID Members. They can join CID as individuals without evaluation of their profile. The head of an institutional member is not automatically a CID member. He/she can represent the organization and vote for it at the CID General Assembly.
3. Student Member
For persons under 30 years of age only; students over 30 are not eligible. Student Members have the same rights as other CID Members.
School directors are encouraged to recommend their graduate students for CID membership, thus introducing them to the world-wide family of dance professionals.
4. Associate Member
Associate Members are individuals or institutions who are more closely connected to CID and contribute actively to its aims. They pay an increased annual fee.
5. Honorary Member
Honorary Members are persons who have rendered very important services to CID. They take part in General Assemblies, without voting rights.
6. CID Sections
Sections are institutional members of the CID, enjoying considerable privileges.
To attend a CID Congress or other CID event one has to be an individual member.
To attend the CID General Assembly one can be: either an individual member, or the representative of an institutional member (or both, in which case he/she has two votes).
The title of "Member of the International Dance Council" is to be used only after the name of CID Members, after receiving a letter of confirmation of membership, and only during the period mentioned in that letter.
The logo of CID is protected by international copyright laws and can be used only after receiving a signed authorization by formal letter.
It can be used only on:
- Writing paper, brochures and publications of CID
- Writing paper, brochures and publications of CID Sections, including their websites.
- Visiting cards of elected officers of CID, that is members of the Executive Committee of CID, as well as members of the Executive Committees of Sections of CID.
The logo cannot appear on certificates, diplomas or prizes given to non-members. It cannot be used in connection with events organized by members of CID. It can only be used at events endorsed by CID after receipt of a formal letter of endorsement.
Documents of CID (letters, certificates etc.) are valid only when signed by the President or the General Secretary or the Executive Director of CID, and stamped by the CID Executive Secretariat. Receipts are signed by the Treasurer of CID or one of the Executive Secretaries as his/her authorized representatives.
Sections of the CID can issue their own certificates, signed by their respective President and stamped by their Secretary, which can be given only to Members of the CID.
Events (classes, workshops, festivals, competitions etc.) organized by CID Members are not endorsed by CID, except when staffed and attended by CID members only. A letter of endorsement is sent in those cases.
An event endorsed by CID:
1. Is announced in the CID Circular as an event endorsed by CID. The Circular is sent to more than 100,000 dance professionals in 200 countries.
2. The event can use the CID logo
3. The event can ask for subsidy from the Municipality, the Ministry of Culture and other public funds.
4. The event, bearing the prestigious endorsement of CID, will have better access to private sponsors.
5. The CID Secretariat encourages Members to attend the event.
6. A link is placed in the CID website for events.
7. An official representative of CID will be designated to attend if invited.
CID is a members' organization: it provides services to professionals or amateurs involved in all forms of dance, by mobilizing its members around the world.