Renewal of membership
1. Send membership fee in December to renew for the next year.
2. Recommended membership is Individual plus Institutional (you and your school, company, organization). There cannot be an Institutional membership without at least one Individual membership.
3. Confirm your present postal address, full data with postal code.
4. You will receive a parcel containing: parchment certificate stating that you are a Member of the CID, letter of confirmation, CID badges, presents and a variety of printed material.
Individuals: 80 US dollars
Institutions (schools, organizations etc.): 160 US dollars
Youth (under 25 years of age): 45 US dollars
How to send CID membership fee
- PREFERABLY through: www.paypal.com
Send to: ExecSec@CID-portal.org Select: Send to friends
- Through Western Union (read below)
Contents of parcel sent
- Confirmation of membership letter
- Confirmation of membership parchment for framing
- Receipt of payment
- Member's lapel pin, to wear at all times.
- Stickers for school entrance and car windshield
- Posters for wall decoration
- Various presents - see Gifts at the CID Portal.
Confirm your present postal address - the envelope will be sent there
Provide the data below:
First Name: Ms. Angeliki
Last Name: Christofilopoulou
Address: Scholiou 8, Plaka, GR-10558 Athens, Greece
Write exactly the above data at the Western Union terminal.
Guidelines for Paypal.com
Go to www.paypal.com and sign up with your email address.
Open a personal account.
Click on: Tools / Send money / Send money to Friends
Send membership fee in US dollars or euros to ExecSec@cid-portal.org
Write under the sum a message with your name and full postal address.
Being a Member of the CID Besides the prestigious title of Member of the International Dance Council CID, the highest body for Dance, you will be entitled to:
- Receive membership confirmation letter and parchment paper for wall framing, as well as CID badges, stickers, posters, and other material, always free of charge.
- Present your work at world congresses, international festivals, workshops, competitions and other important events organized by Members of the CID. Publish your events at the CID Panorama, the official website for dance events, with the largest visibility: www.panorama.cid-portal.org
- Be informed about opportunities such as scholarships, jobs, invitations to perform, to teach or to lecture, new publications etc. The CID Circular is mailed to 100,000 dance professionals in 200 countries.
- Be listed with your full profile in the Global Dance Directory (over 300,000 addresses, by far the largest in the arts): www.cid-portal.org/directory
- Address inquiries to the CID Secretariat which is staffed by full-time experienced professionals and has a huge archive of resources.
- Meet other Members and be part of a network of thousands of specialists in more than 170 countries.
- Have a discount at events (workshops, competitions, festivals etc.) or publications (magazines, books, CDs, video, DVDs, albums etc.) by member organizations.
- Apply to your country's National Commissions for UNESCO, other government agencies or private sponsors to fund your travel abroad in order to represent your country.
- Support applications for a visa to attend congresses and other events held under the auspices of CID.
- Share the prestige of "the United Nations of Dance", as CID is usually called.
- Offer to your students International Certification of Dance Studies, the official validation of teaching all over the world.
- Nominate dance professionals for CID membership - your students can become Student Members of CID.
- Found a Section of CID in your city, thus representing it officially.
- Obtain legal advice on professional matters, free of charge, as all services by CID.
- Obtain electronic books free of charge; see program CID Bookself at www.cid-portal.org/site/index.php/programs/bookshelf
Types of CID membership
- Individual Member
Individual membership is for physical persons, that is individuals.
An individual person can become CID Member in two ways:
a) After nomination by a CID Member; in this case there is no evaluation of his/her profile (curriculum vitae).
b) Without nomination, after evaluation of his/her profile (curriculum vitae).
- Institutional Member
Institutional membership is for juridical entities, that is schools, companies, amateur groups, federations, associations, foundations, business enterprises etc.An institution can become an Institutional Member of CID when its chief executive officer (president, artistic director, owner) and/or other leading persons of the institution (teachers of a school, choreographers of a company, associates, members of the board of a federation etc.) have joined CID as individual members.Institutional membership does not imply that other members of the institution become CID Members. They can join CID as individuals without evaluation of their profile. The head of an institutional member is not automatically a CID member. He/she can represent the organization and vote for it at the CID General Assembly.
- Student Member
For persons under 30 years of age only; students over 30 are not eligible. Student Members have the same rights as other CID Members.School directors are encouraged to recommend their graduate students for CID membership, thus introducing them to the world-wide family of dance professionals.
- Associate Member
Associate Members are individuals or institutions who are more closely connected to CID and contribute actively to its aims. They pay an increased annual fee.
- Honorary Member
Honorary Members are persons who have rendered very important services to CID. They take part in General Assemblies, without voting rights.
- CID Sections
Sections are institutional members of the CID, enjoying considerable privileges.To attend a CID Congress or other CID event one has to be an individual member.To attend the CID General Assembly one can be: either an individual member, or an individual member representating an institutional member (in which case he/she has two votes).
The title of "Member of the International Dance Council" is to be used only after the name of CID Members, after receiving a letter of confirmation of membership, and only during the period mentioned in that letter.
The logo of CID is protected by international copyright laws and can be used only after receiving a signed authorization by formal letter.
It can be used only on:
- Writing paper, brochures and publications of CID
- Writing paper, brochures and publications of CID Sections, including their websites.
- Visiting cards of elected officers of CID, that is members of the Executive Committee of CID, as well as members of the Executive Committees of Sections of CID.
The logo cannot appear on certificates, diplomas or prizes given to non-members. It cannot be used in connection with events organized by members of CID. It can only be used at events endorsed by CID after receipt of a formal letter of endorsement.
Documents of CID (letters, certificates etc.) are valid only when signed by the President or the General Secretary or the Executive Director of CID, and stamped by the CID Executive Secretariat. Receipts are signed by the Treasurer of CID or one of the Executive Secretaries as his/her authorized representatives.
Sections of the CID can issue their own certificates, signed by their respective President and stamped by their Secretary, which can be given only to Members of the CID.
Events (classes, workshops, competitions etc.) organized by CID Members are not endorsed by CID, except when staffed and attended by CID members only.
A letter of endorsement is sent in those cases.
An event endorsed by CID:
- Is announced in the CID Circular as an event endorsed by CID. The Circular is sent to more than 100,000 dance professionals in 200 countries.
- The event can use the CID logo
- The event can ask for subsidy from the Municipality, the Ministry of Culture and other public funds.
- The event, bearing the prestigious endorsement of CID, will have better access to private sponsors.
- The CID Secretariat encourages Members to attend the event.
- A link is placed in the CID website for events.
- An official representative of CID will be designated to attend if invited.
CID is a members' organization: it provides services to professionals or amateurs involved in all forms of dance, by mobilizing its members around the world.